CDB Visa Debit Card
Move away from cash and experience convenience with your CDB Visa Debit Card. Equipped with Chip technology, your CDB Visa Debit Card will ensure every transaction you make is safe and more secure. The CDB Visa Debit Card which is linked to your savings account can be used both locally and internationally. It will give you control in managing your expenses and reduce the hassle of carrying cash where ever you go. You could also be benefited from various promotions and offers introduced just for you throughout the year.
What are the benefits of CDB Visa Debit Card?
- Chip technology to make all your transactions secure.
- Purchase goods and services at thousands of merchants accepting VISA around Sri Lanka and worldwide.
- Access CDB 24 x 7 x 365 through any ATM accepting VISA around Sri Lanka and throughout the world.
- Withdraw cash from any Commercial Bank ATM which has the largest ATM network in the Island
- PayWave technology enabled for contactless payments
- Free 4 ATM withdrawals for CDB Real Savings & Salary Plus Savings Account holders
- Free Debit card for Platinum Saver and Deeghayu Savings account holders
- Accebility of online transactions through CDB Debit card
Who is eligible to apply for a CDB Visa Debit Card?
- Any individual/professional who is a resident of Sri Lanka and over the age of 18 years.
- Deegayu, Platinum Saver accounts will be provided with a free debit card.
How do I activate my card?
To activate your Debit Card, you can either
- Use the card at any CDB/Commercial Bank ATM with your PIN number; or
- Contact the CDB 24 x 7 Call Centre on 011 7 388 399
What are the fees?
|New Debit Card||Rs. 500.00|
|New Name Embossed Debit Card||Rs. 750.00|
|Replacement Card||Rs. 500.00|
|Annual fee||Rs. 400.00|
|PIN Replacement||Rs. 200.00|
|ATM Fees (CDB/Commercial Bank)|
|Cash withdrawals (per transaction)||Rs. 5.00|
|Balance inquiry (per transaction)||Rs. 10.00|
|Fund transfer||Rs. 5.00|
|Mini statement (per transaction)||Rs. 10.00|
|ATM Fees (Other local ATMs)|
|Cash withdrawals (per transaction)||Rs. 75.00|
|Balance inquiry (per transaction)||Rs. 50.00|
ATM Fees (International ATMs)
|Cash withdrawals (per transaction)||Rs. 1000.00||Balance inquiry (per transaction)||Rs. 150.00|
Transaction Limits (International)
Maximum weekly foreign transactions (POS & Ecommerce) on CDB Debit cards are capped to LKR400,000 per card. Per day POS & E commerce to LKR200,000 and per day ATM withdrawal Limit to LKR100,000 and weekly ATM withdrawal Limit to LKR200,000. Please note there aren’t any merchant category exclusions for the mentioned capped limits. All debit card foreign currency transactions are converted in to Srilankan rupee at a rate of exchange determined by the payment schemes (visa) on the date of settlement an additional 7% will be added to the exchange rate.