Among all non-banking financial institutions, we are the first...
- To transfer funds through social networks.
- To introduce a credit card with a self-care app.
- To enable customers to open fixed deposits online.
- To launch an e-commerce automobile platform.
- To have a Core Bank Platform.
- To obtain the ISO 14064-1 carbon verification certificate.
- To obtain license from Central Bank of Sri Lanka to operate Money Exchange.
- To operate Visa Debit Cards.
- To initiate "Green" Asset Backed Securitization.
Citizens Development Business Finance PLC (CDB) is a multi-award winning financial institution with a history of over twenty years, ranked within the top five largest licensed financial institutions among 46 Non-Banking Financial Institutions (NBFI) in Sri Lanka. CDB is licensed by the Monetary Board of the Central Bank of Sri Lanka under the Finance Business Act no 42 of 2011 and registered under the Finance Leasing Act No. 56 of 2000. A listed public company on the Main Board of the Colombo Stock Exchange, our network spans 71 online-connected outlets across major cities in Sri Lanka while possessing an asset base over Rs. 90 Bn.
CDB was incorporated as a Public Limited Liability Company on 07th September 1995 under the provisions of the Companies Act No. 17 of 1982 and re-registered under the Companies Act No. 07 of 2007 under the Company Registration No. PB 232 PQ. CDB has been granted a (SL) BBB+ (negative) rating from ICRA Lanka Ltd.
The main financial services offered by CDB include fixed deposits, savings accounts, leasing, personal loans, home loans, hire purchase financing, pawning, corporate and retail credit, credit card and debit card facilities backed by an island wide ATM network, foreign currency exchange, corporate financial services. The wide range of financial services offered by CDB has propelled it to the forefront of the industry as a total financial services provider to the citizens of Sri Lanka.